Friday 8 May 2015

screen printing large scale birds

I am very satisfied with the scarves I have designed using my own watercolour drawings, colour reduced on photoshop and then screen printed. I wanted to try a variety of scales of birds on my scarf designs and here I experimented with two large owls on a scarf as well as a giant hawfinch. I have chosen to keep to my colour palette which I am very happy with because I think the colours are appealing to a wide audience, are on trend and also express a very "British" feeling.



I have tried to add textures into these prints by layering colours in dotted areas, which I believe works successfully and contrasts the large blocked areas of strong colour. I am pleased I have kept these prints as clean and professional as I can so they are suitable to sell and also give a sophisticated appearance in my portfolio. (LO12)

No comments:

Post a Comment