Friday 8 May 2015

screen printing a 2.5 metre length

I combined some of my drawings on photoshop to create a repeat sized at 70 by 75cm which I repeated three times with 4 layers of colour and discharged out highlights of the birds. I plan to create two lengths for assessment because they will show my skills of repeat and screen printing on a large scale. I will use borders along the edges so that they have a feeling of being "finished" rather than just a cut of a repeat. Plus, they could also be worn as a scarf, or used as a repeat for other contexts. I also would like to display two lengths in my degree show to sit alongside my scarf designs.




I am satisfied with the level of detail in this print and have captured the birds in a clear and colourful way. I am also happy with the floral border as this gives added interest and texture, therefore I will continue a border onto my final length and in my next scarf designs.

I now plan to design another length which will sit alongside this one well. I plan to use a design I posted previously but alter it so that it has an interesting and detailed border along each side of the length to give the appearance of a finished piece of fabric, which could also be used as a scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment