Tuesday 17 March 2015

screen printing a 1metre square scarf

I firstly split my large screen into quarter sections to sample my dyes on four colourways.











I especially like the tonal qualities where I have simply used shades of deep blue to enhance the tones of my design. However, some of my peers noticed the samples with bright orange and yellow colours first and gave the "wow factor". I have learnt I need to think about my target audience because so far I have been designing by reflecting on what I like, yet many people at the mid-term exhibition commented that their favourites of my digital scarves were different to my personal favourites. I therefore need to consider a variety of prints for my degree show.

I am satisfied with how a background layer cleanly applies a solid colour evenly around the motifs for a more interesting and exciting print. I will need to ensure, however that my print is thoroughly washed so no colour bleeds into the the white areas.



No comments:

Post a Comment