Saturday 21 March 2015

Different colourways

To get the most use out of my large 1metre squared screen I have used it various times to explore different colour-ways as well as how many layers are most successful. I had 6 layers created which I made by colour reducing my drawings onto photoshop into 6 layers maximum, trying to merge together similar colour tones onto the same screen.








I wanted to try the screen with printing discharge onto dyed silk for a clean looking white print contrasting against the dyed navy. However, when I printed this on and the discharge was still wet, I noticed I really like the dark on dark colour tones so I printed a dark navy/black on top of the discharge. This does look more of a winter colour palette though, so for now I will remain focused onto bright colours for Spring/Summer. Plus, when the print was steamed I was really satisfied with the contrasting white and had comments from peers that it appears sophisticated. I also believe my samples have now developed into more professional looking prints and are more scarf-like. I now need to compose various screens which explore different scales.







No comments:

Post a Comment