Saturday 7 February 2015

scarf ideas

I have begun using photoshop to arrange compositions for square scarves. I have chosen to stick to my carefully selected colour palette, but have also kept the natural colours of the birds in my paintings. I would like to produce a variety of scarves which demonstrate different scales, so that some scarves may show the detail of my drawings whereas some are a small motif so that they can be seen when the scarf is ruffled when worn.


As I believe these scarf designs are beginning to show development and potential, I will most likely use digital designs for the mid-term exhibition. However, I would also like to produce my bird drawings using a screen printing method, so that they prove to be suitable for a commercial market. This may also enable me to continue printing after I graduate, where I don't have access to a digital printer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment