Friday 27 February 2015

more screen printing

I have continued to screen print throughout this week with the plan to add to a body of print samples which help me gain an understanding of layering my screens onto dyed silk. I am satisfied with the development of my prints. Even looking back at my work from the beginning of unit BA4, my prints have become cleaner, more detailed and pay more attention to the clarity and precision of print, ensuring to keep to a sophisticated colour palette. Throughout the units I have become very enthusiastic to work with silk, because I enjoy the feel and luxurious quality as well as how successfully the material takes colour. Therefore, I am currently enjoying designing specifically for silk and other fabric scarves as well as the process of dying and printing onto silk. I will next continue with my prints, now creating 1 metre squared scarves and trying compositions onto a more rectangular shape.






No comments:

Post a Comment