Monday 13 January 2014

still life collage

To create an interesting and exciting pattern, i imitated the textures or still life objects such as string, a faux christmas tree and a woven rug using drawing and then cut out bottle shapes from the texture-filled paper.


I cut up this piece again into circles and re-applied to paper. I really like the colourful, unpredicted outcome and it's slight random, energetic appeal. 

I progressed this technique further onto photoshop where i could use mark-making lines and then cut out butterfly shapes in a similar way.  I have found both very effective in creating a quick interesting pattern. For myself, i believe the hand-drawn and cut has potential for a three-dimensional and organic effect, although I find the computer design has a sophisticated finish.



No comments:

Post a Comment